Jane Seymour is Ready to Make a 'Dr. Quinn' Reboot

By: Start TV Staff     Posted: December 11, 2020, 3:49PM

Image Source: Everett Collection

More than 20 years after the final episode aired in 1998, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman fans are eager to see the series continue. Fortunately both Jane Seymour and series creator Beth Sullivan are just as passionate to bring it back as well.

In a recent interview with People TV, Jane Seymour discussed her excitement for bringing back the series and the current plans for it.

“We actually have the most wonderful script and everything ready to go for a reboot," remarked Jane Seymour in her interview with People TV. "We would start 26 years later when it's all about women's liberation."

With the final season taking place in 1873, this reboot would find itself at the end of the 19th century in 1899. This would also be just 21 years before women's right to vote was made legal and put Dr. Quinn in the heart of the women's suffrage movement.

With the script ready to go, the only thing left to get the reboot on the air is finding a network to pick it up. In the past few years we've seen a trend in popular series reboots such as Star Trek: Picard and Netflix's Karate Kid follow-up series, Cobra Kai. With so many new reboot shows being made, perhaps it's only a matter of time before we can finally continue the adventures of Dr. Michaela Quinn once again.

What do you think about a Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman reboot? Could they pull off the same magic they once did 2 decades ago?

Watch Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman on Start TV

MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY AT 6 AM & 7 AM
SUNDAYS AT 8 AM

Christine 2 months ago
I think a Reboot with Dr. Quinn would be so totally Awesome. I loved that show. I looked forward to it every week. I hope they can get as many of the original cast to come back. Especially Joe Lando, the Cooper kids, etc.Orsen Bean will be sorely missed. Please keep is posted about the Reboot. I hope it happens soon. I would love to watch Dr. Quinn again. I never get tired of that show. I watch every morning 6;00-8:00 every morning. πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
Samantha2015x 2 months ago
Would love this but only if Joe Lando and Jane Seymour were in it. Too many reboots without the original cast and I can’t watch them I prefer the originals also would be very good to fast forward 20+ years and see what Dr Quinn and Sully and co were upto now.
MaryBethEngelhardt 3 months ago
Would love to see Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman to continue, I watch almost every time it’s on, have the series on dvd,
MaryBethEngelhardt 3 months ago
Yes would love to see a dr Quinn reboot
Mike 3 months ago
Is sully still gonna be the village idiot
Starchild 4 months ago
I have recorded every episode of Dr. Quinn and purchased the Season 1 pilot. Please. Please. Please. Do a reboot with the original Colleen. I will pay to watch it on any service.
Mamme1978 4 months ago
I absolutely love Dr.Quinn one of my favorite shows of all time I would so love to see it come back it would be the greatest! I look up to Dr Quinn she's magnificent. She represents a woman of strength and all heart!
Lee 5 months ago
really like this show hope they do get a reboot going
RoiannLeeChabot 7 months ago
Yes, bring back DR Mike and Sully!!!! People really need a show like this, to bring them back to reality, not this other crap that is on tv.
ISABELLE 7 months ago
My husband and I watch Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman every morning and would love a new series. Jane Seymour is an excellent actress and as beautiful as ever. We enjoy the whole cast and would love to see as many of the original actors as possible -- a modern day Colorado Springs. Jonelle Allen looks great today as well. These ladies have certainly kept their options open. I am sure the show has many fans. Looking forward to a new look, Isabelle in NYC.
ISABELLE 7 months ago
I was just telling my husband this very morning I would love a new Dr. Quinn series. First of all, she is as beautiful as ever and there is quite a fan base I'm sure. It would be great to cast as many of the original actors as possible and do a modern day story line of Colorado Springs. Jonelle Allen is still a beauty as well. I never miss an episode. Quinn is our go to every morning here in NYC.
Lunarstruck 8 months ago
Yes, please bring back Colleen as Erica Flores! I hated that she was replaced.
Lunarstruck 8 months ago
Omg I would LOVE that! I still watch it and Jane Seymour is still just as beautiful as ever!
SusanAnderkin 9 months ago
Also agree with Jessica about Cagney and Lacey...my least favorite of Start's lineup.
SusanAnderkin 9 months ago
Currently started watching Dr. Quinn on Start TV and love the show however I miss it during the week because I have to leave for work at 4AM.

JessaHaack 9 months ago
Bring back dr Quinn and I thought gag me and lacy were done? Also too many csi los angels new shows please
KendraDunlap 10 months ago
They should really bring back the TV show but only if they have all the original castπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️😊😊😊😊😊
Teresa 10 months ago
Yes to Dr. Quinn revival. I love Dr. Quinn. I set my alarm clock to be up by 530
Teresa 10 months ago
Great to see some quality Christmas shows in the mix that have some substance. Most of the Christmas shows on now are sappy soapy romance novels. Not even related to christmas