Can you match the plots of these pilot episodes to their shows?

By: Start TV Staff     Posted: August 16, 2019, 10:45AM
Every good television show starts somewhere, and it's no different for the programs on Start TV. The first episode of a television show has a lot riding on it. These first episodes, referred to as "pilots," set up the entire premise of the shows they are introducing. Who the main character is, what the main goal or theme of the show is, what the overarching obstacle is going to be, and so on. It's a lot to to take on, but solid pilots lead to pretty solid television shows, giving us the series' so beloved today.

Can you match the plots of these pilot episodes to their Start TV programs? Give it a try and show off your smarts!
  1. The Deputy Chief joins the Priority Murder Squad to investigate the dead body discovered at the home of a computer company executive.
  2. The main detective works on "cold cases" for the Philadelphia Police Department, reopening dormant homicides that occurred years or even decades ago, making use of today's science and finding fresh clues to crimes once thought to be unsolvable.
  3. The main character suspects that what appears to be a prostitute's suicide might in fact be a cover-up for foul play involving important city officials. However, while probing deeper into the girl's death, the main character could possibly jeopardize her new job or even her own life.
  4. The spirit of a soldier disturbs the main character at her wedding.
  5. The main character's chance to rebuild her life is met with opposition from skeptical colleagues, her husband's past, and a high-stakes criminal case.
  6. The main character is given a mission from someone called "God." Meanwhile, her dad, the new chief of police for Arcadia, is trying to solve the case of a serial killer.
  7. The main character goes to Texas, where she locates the body of a murdered boy using a mysterious gift.
  8. Single Atlanta women are being murdered, but as the main character zeros in on the killer, another serial killer is zeroing in on them.
  9. Horror mounts when influenza attacks Colorado Springs. The new person in town must attend to the sick townspeople and protect others from getting the deadly disease. But some preexisting bias has people questioning whether the new person can handle the fatal epidemic.
Can you match the plots of these pilot episodes to their shows?

Watch The Good Wife on Start TV

EVERY NIGHT AT 3 AM EASTERN / PACIFIC

Raquel 14 months ago
Love this channel except for Cagney & Lacey...i hate having to see how women are degraded.
Paulette 17 months ago
Start TV is my go-to channel to watch but they can get rid of Cagney & Lacey at any time. This show has far too many old-time biases that are so degrading to women. One of the things that really gets to me because I lived through it were comments by the male characters saying things like oh she's on the rag or it must be her time of the month insinuating that women cannot do their job because of their gender. Also it is so far from reality when you watch two female Detectives chasing criminals in skirts with their purses hanging off their shoulder and their guns aimed in so many incorrect ways that I'm surprised they survived the series Without shooting themselves. This show is so far from reality that it actually is very irritating. It's not easy to watch all of the old-time biases relived.
BrightFeather2 21 months ago
Great ! My 2nd 100% ! I'm warming up !
kemcyica 25 months ago
Too many reruns they are getting closer and closer together. Got any hidden episodes. 90% reruns going on the third time and a few on the fourth help!!

kemcyica 25 months ago

BrightFeather2 27 months ago
Start TV is the only channel i watch. The series are so good and they also have Dr. Quinn and Touched By An Angel and Strong Medicine and Sue Thomas FBI. Up to now I've never been able to see those series before. I love 'em.
Carolyn BrightFeather2 18 months ago
Only one I watch and record my favorites ❤❤❤
nymets1963 33 months ago
How come there wasn't a question about Carrie Wells "Unforgettable"???
BrightFeather2 nymets1963 27 months ago
I like that series too.
Linda 33 months ago
Wish Joan of Arcadia was on earlier. Loved that show.
BrightFeather2 33 months ago
I knew the one I got wrong was wrong before I clicked - don't know what made me do it ! I knew the right answer.
But ......next time.
nymets1963 BrightFeather2 33 months ago
You should always go with your first choice, Bright...
BrightFeather2 nymets1963 27 months ago
You are so right. They say that as well when you take a test.
Well I took it again 6 months later so I'd not remember any of it, and got 100%.